Friday, June 15, 2012

Time and lack of it

I must apologize for not following up on posts recently, but I do have some good reasons.  I am getting married in fifteen days and couldn't be more excited!  Laura and I (mostly Laura) have been busy with all of the details involved with planning a wedding and honeymoon.  She is amazing, a true trail blazer with a solid focus on life.  Aside from the work she puts into being a highschool science teacher (Chem & Bio), she has since this fall, coached h.s. volleyball, h.s. basketball, straight into coaching AAU basketball (travel team), trained for and completed a half-marathon besting her previous time, joined me about once a week for dance lessons, and somehow has taken on the huge task of researching, planning and securing most of the elements involved with our wedding from photographers, dj, florists, the venue itself, and everything else that goes along with it!  Also, we recently decided to purchase a washing machine for the home we bought this past September, so that got hooked up and then on the second load of laundry... the dryer blew up!  Awesome, so now we have a new washer and dryer. 

Basically, I want to thank Laura for being who she is, a true inspiration and someone who has the ability to seemingly add hours to the day.  That being said, the busy schedules of our own lives have created limited time for us to see each other.  As we joked this morning, "So I'll see you June 30th." 

The Vermont Trip:  My waterproof camera is on the bottom of Norton Pond in the Northeast Kingdom right next to my Smith sunglasses, about 60'-80' off the boat launch in roughly 8-10 feet of water if you wish to don some scuba gear and find them they are yours.  So I have no pictures of that trip, including a video of a mother Mallard duck and her chicks coming up to greet me one morning.

Salt, out front:  Tried fishing Meig's Point at Hammonassett this past week with only the skunks on land around, should have known when I saw all those skunks that it'd end up that way.  The next day was fun trying to keep my eyes open.

Trout:  My buddy Evan and I had a decent trip to my spot, Evan had the right fly that night.  He had a 2 foot torpedo of a rainbow trout literally launch out of the water twice with Evan's blue winged olive in it's mouth before shaking the hook.  This fish is BIG.  Then after Evan said, that trout isn't going to touch anything for awhile, I said, nahh a trout that big has to eat, and within 20 minutes Evan missed it again on the second rising.  Ohwell, just means its still there for me to catch.

New VT trips, yes plural, the remaining 2 weekends before the wedding will be spent on Lake Champlain.  My "home" lake for sure, with thousands of clocked hours on this lake, it is always productive.  This weekend is Father's Day weekend, take your Dad fishing if you can!  My Dad and I are heading north to VT tonight to do just that, and I'm looking forward to it.  Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment